The Develop pillar seeks to address members' personal and career development.
For example, in April 2009, Prof. Eddie Obeng run a 75 minute workshop for Star 100 UK on leadership. With great energy, humour and passion he spoke about:
- how the nature of leadership has changed as the world has moved away from hierarchical agrarian societies driven by Nature's cycles to a heavily populated, interconnected world
- the difference between a manager, who people report to (often because they have to) and a leader who people follow (because they choose to)
- the importance of a leader creating a safe environment in which to identify and address followers' fears
- the importance of not misleading
- the four levers at a leader's disposal: their behaviour, their emotions, their actions and their thinking process
- how leadership actually works, the transmits-receive model: